Thursday, April 12, 2012

Lingerie Storage - Bra-tique

Happy Bras on a Bra-tique
"Eureka!  I've got it."  Archimedes

 This is about how our company, Bra-tique, started.  It's about a woman, me, who lives in the southwest corner of a Midwest state.  It's about the frustration felt when my lovely lingerie didn't get no respect.  My bras got folded in ways that they didn't want to be folded and often tangled with their drawer mates.  It wasn't good for my bras and it wasn't good for my attitude when I was getting dressed in the morning.

Added to that, bras are a rather pricey purchase even during sales events.  Bras are also a clothing item that get a lot of wear.  There's a large segment of the population unwilling to go through life "unsupported".  And so, in order to save my precious undies from unnecessary wear and tear I began to hang them by their hooks from a ridge along the top of a shoe bag on the back of my closet door.  That's because the bag held a dozen pairs of shoes and I only had six pair, which left the top half free and clear to accommodate my bras.  The system worked great.

Then the unexpected happened.  I bought more shoes!  This led me to go on line and try to find a closet organizer that would allow me to hang my bras in this happy state of storage.  I couldn't find such an organizer.  So I thought that I might have to invent one. 

Good news, bad news!  I knew that such an item would have to be sewn together and while I was overflowing with good ideas I was completely lacking in sewing skills.  That's when I called my good friend, Mary, and asked her if she would help me with a little sewing project.  Translation: START A COMPANY.   Mary is an incredible seamstress and believed that I was looking for someone to hem a skirt or mend a seam.

Long story short, Mary said yes.  Bra-tique was born.  Truth be told, the first prototype didn't work.  But I'm no quitter, especially when it comes to dessert at the end of a large meal.  But the second prototype was inspired.  Want Happy Bras?  Go to Etsy.com and put in the search word, bratique.  We have a plethora (love that word!) of fabulous fabrics to fit almost any taste or decor.

Bra-vo!
Pat and Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment